nonce (plural nonces)
- The one or single occasion; the present reson or purpose (now only in for the nonce).
- That will do for the nonce, but we"ll need a better answer for the long term.
- (lexicography) A nonce word.
- I had thought that the term was a nonce, but it seems like it"s been picked up by other authors.
- (cryptography) A datum constructed so as to be unique to a particular message in a stream, in order to prevent replay attacks.
- In this protocol we use the serial number of the message as a nonce.
- (British, slang) A sex offender, especially of children. Sometimes used informally to mean a stupid or worthless person.
5 letters in word "nonce": C E N N O.
Anagrams of nonce:
Words found within nonce: